[molpro-user] Questiion about stable=opt condition in gaussian

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Sun Sep 18 17:22:53 BST 2011

Dear Anirban,

it sounds to me like in the end Gaussian is optimizing to a symmetry-broken solution.  In Molpro you could try reducing the symmetry from D2h to C2v and giving it the occupations that Gaussian ends up with.  Probably though you really don't want this since it's presumably just an artifact of using a UHF wavefunction in this case.

best regards,

Kirk