[molpro-user] How to set KEEP_WBI for "natural" localization in LOCALI?

Ricardo Mata ricardo.mata at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 18:23:27 BST 2012

Dear Seth,

In cases where a density has been given, the NBO module in Molpro is only able to provide Natural Population Analysis. This is due to the fact that the code for the final NLMO step expects (for a closed shell case) to have Nocc orbitals with occupation 2 (Nocc=2*Ne, the open shell case following the same reasoning). This is why in the case you used the NBO routine, it just stopped by the NPA and continued execution. In the LOCALI case, the check didn't take place.

In short, the calculation you wish to carry out requires an extension of the current NBO routine.

Best wishes,
Ricardo