[molpro-user] IRC coordinate

Gabriel Freitas gabrielnfreitas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 03:42:59 GMT 2012

Dear Molpro developers / users,

I need to calculate the numerical values of IRC coordinate for some paths.
Although Molpro is able to print them by input request, it would be
meaningless when restarting a qsdpath, which is the case, so I have to do
it by myself.

I've tried some possible formulas involving the RMS between the transition
state and the desired points, but I wasn't successful reproducing some
values obtained in single-run complete qsdpaths.

It's not clear to me whether the IRC coordinate printed is:

- mass-weighted;
- in atomic units or in user-defined units;
- calculated through internal or cartesian coordinates;
- averaged over the number of atoms or over the number of coordinates

I've tried some combinations and looked over the source code, but couldn't
get it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Best regards,

--
Gabriel do Nascimento Freitas
D.Sc. Student - Graduate Program of Chemistry