[molpro-user] scf problem during optg

Pawel Kadlubanski pawel.kadlubanski at pwr.wroc.pl
Sun Aug 4 13:47:39 BST 2013

I have a problem with scf convergence during geometry optimization. When
I compute the single point on MP2 level of theory I do not have any
problem but during during optimization process the program stops without
doing even one optimization point due to lack of scf convergence. Could
anyone help me ? I put my input file and error info. Below.

Pawel Kadlubanski

***,FTALOCYJANINA-IN-MP2;

Memory,600 MW;

Gprint,basis; ! Print basis information

Gprint,orbital; ! Print orbitals in SCF and MCSCF

geometry=ftalo_In.xyz

basis=LANL2DZ

{uhf;shift,-1.0,-0.5;maxit,300,save,,2100.2}

ump2

optg,MAXIT=100,ENERGY=1d-5

{frequencies

thermo,sym=auto

print,thermo}

put,molden,ftalo_In.molden;

-----

PROGRAM * OPT (Geometry optimization) Authors: F. Eckert and H.-J. Werner

BFGS update of hessian

*** Long output written to logfile
/home/pawel001/molpro/testFtaloMP2/ftalo_In.log ***

Geometry optimization using default procedure for command UMP2

Geometry written to block 1 of record 700

Generated 165 symmetrical displacements

Number of displacements for numerical gradient: 330

? Error

? No convergence

? The problem occurs in uhfpro

GLOBAL ERROR fehler on processor 0