[molpro-user] Problem regarding IRC with method QSDPATH

Ramon Hernandez ramon at uaem.mx
Wed Aug 21 16:48:57 BST 2013

Dear Mahi,

I suggest you double-check that indeed your initial CASSCF calculation
corresponds
to a transition state, perhaps run a frequency calculation with tight
parameters. Then
when you run the IRC make sure you indeed converge to the same energy
as the original
CASSCF calculation. If you are sure about both these points then the
problem might really
have to do with a bug in IRC.

Also if you run again the initial frequency calculation you can save
that information and
then read it directly in the next IRC job so you avoid calculating it twice.

Cheers

Ramon