[molpro-user] molpro command not found

Muammar El Khatib muammarelkhatib at gmail.com
Sun May 26 11:17:48 BST 2013

Dear Elham,

On 5/26/13 7:26 AM, elkeshavarz5 at sci.ui.ac.ir wrote:
> In the process of installation after selecting the folders, it says:
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> tar: rmtlseek not stopped at a record boundary
> Installation of Molpro files complete

It could mean that the file you downloaded got corrupted at some point. I was
researching about this tar's issue and it happens when:

	- Your partition is full, so that tar cannot operate.
	- The files are corrupted.
	- Versions of tar used for the file you try to untar has compatibility
	issues with your local installed version.

The easy way of troubleshooting this is that you could check that your partition
is not full and you should also run fsck on it to verify there is no problems.

Then, you could also take a look at the output of dmesg when tar fails to see if
there is some strange message. You could also try to re-download the file and
install again to see if it passes. In such a case, I suggest you to keep the
previous one and check the md5sum on both of them so that it can be confirmed
that you have downloaded the same file (when the files are the same then the
md5sum of the previous and the new file should match).

I hope this information helps you, if not I'm sure in the list somebody could
add some more info about this.

Regards,

--
Muammar El Khatib.