[molpro-user] insufficient memory available

Manhui Wang wangm9 at cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 10:12:01 BST 2013

Dear Marcela,

There are two ways to specify Molpro memory:

(1) command line flag -m
http://www.molpro.net/info/2012.1/doc/manual/node31.html

(2) memory card in Molpro input file
http://www.molpro.net/info/2012.1/doc/manual/node56.html
eg.
memory, 100, m

If neither is specified, then Molpro will use the default memory size
(8000000 words).

One can check how much memory is used by looking at

Variable memory set to    *** words

in Molpro output.

Here is the summary about the memory settings:

http://www.molpro.net/pipermail/molpro-user/2010-April/003723.html

Best wishes,
Manhui

On 07/10/13 22:02, Marcela Madrid wrote:
> hi,
>
> we are getting the following error when running MOLPRO.2012.1
> on an SGI UV 1000
> <http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/altix/uv/specs.html>cc-NUMA
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Uniform_Memory_Access> shared-memory
> system comprising 256 blades:
>
> insufficient memory available - require 28426707  have
>                7921369
>  the request was for real words
>
> I would like to double-check if this is a bug that requires
> downloading another version of molpro.
> Also, we run without specifying the memory flag. Is there a way to
> know the default memory that molpro allocates?
>
> thank you very much, Marcela

Manhui  Wang
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University,
Main Building, Park Place,
Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK