[molpro-user] saving dump record and using it as initial guess

elkeshavarz5 at sci.ui.ac.ir elkeshavarz5 at sci.ui.ac.ir
Tue Oct 29 05:13:39 GMT 2013

Dear Daniel

By using the input you sent me, the result is the following error at
the start of RHF calculations for the second geometry:
**********************************************************************************************************************************
  DATASETS  * FILE   NREC   LENGTH (MB)   RECORD NAMES
               1      18        7.56       500      700      610
900      950      970     1000      129      960     1100
                                           VAR     GEOM    BASINP
SYMINP    ZMAT    AOBASIS   BASIS     P2S    ABASIS      S
                                          1400     1410     1200
1210     1080     1600     1650     1700
                                            T        V       H0
H01     AOSYM     SMH    MOLCAS    OPER

               2       9        1.35       500      610      700
1000      520     2100     1001     2101     5000
                                           VAR    BASINP    GEOM
BASIS   MCVARS     RHF     BASIS    CCSD     CCSD

  PROGRAMS   *        TOTAL       INT      CCSD        HF       INT   RESTART
  CPU TIMES  *         0.33      0.10      0.03      0.01      0.10      0.00
  REAL TIME  *         0.39 SEC
  DISK USED  *        56.21 MB
  SF USED    *         0.31 MB
  GA USED    *         0.00 MB       (max)       0.00 MB       (current)

1PROGRAM * RHF-SCF (CLOSED SHELL)       Authors: W. Meyer, H.-J. Werner

  ?ERROR IN GET_INFO: NO DUMP RECORD:    2101.2

On the other hand, if I want to do the calculations at several
geometries in one input file, if it does not converge at one geometry
and I decide to skip that geometry, I have to redo the calculation for
the last converged geometry again in order to use the result for the
next geometry. Is there any way for escaping from this repeating?

Regards
Elham