[molpro-user] calculation of electronic kinetic energy and potential energy for a molecule.

ankur gupta ankuriiserm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:02:47 GMT 2014

Hello Sabrina,
I am also new to molpro. I also had some doubt whether the variable
'energy' is set during execution of the program or it is the name of the
variable itself to calculate the total electronic energy of the molecule.
But the general expression to assign an expectation value to a variable is
*'variablename(i)=genericname'*  where the generic name can take *ov, ekin,
pot, qm,  *and so on. Actually, I was not including the expression, '
*gexpec,ekin,pot*' in the input file, that's why I was getting some error.
I was also wondering whether POT includes internuclear repulsions or not.
Thanks for your interest in the problem.

Ankur