[molpro-user] CI restart problem

Andy May MayAJ1 at cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 20:16:24 BST 2014

Gabriel,

According to:

http://www.molpro.net/info/2012.1/doc/manual/node300.html

this is only implemented for closed shell methods (irrespective of
whether the problem itself is closed shell). If you try replacing with
cisd, i.e.:

memory,60,M
nosym
R1=1.34344609 ang,
geometry={
            H;
            S,1,R1;}
basis=aug-cc-pV(T+d)Z
{rhf;wf,18,1,0;}
{cisd;core,5;closed,7;wf,18,1,0;save,5400.1,5401.1,1}
{cisd;wf,18,1,0;start,5400.1,1}

then it does indeed converge in a single iteration.

Best wishes,

Andy