[molpro-user] CCSDT(Q) energy calculation using MRCC Kallay on Molpro

Shiblee Ratan shibleeratan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 19:01:46 CET 2017

Dear Kirk,

That was a great hack! I followed your suggestion and it seems like UHF
maxit=1 retains the preceding ROHF orbital properties; i.e. the orbital
occupation and orbital energies for ROHF and UHF look identical in the
output file. I think this is a good guess reference for the mrcc CCSDT(Q)
job that comes later.

Also, since I will eventually be calculating relative energies, any error
arising from the hack is expected to cancel out.

I have included the input here for people who might be interested:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
memory,768,m
gthresh,energy=1.0d-12,orbital=1.0d-12,oneint=1.0d-16,twoint=1.0d-16
Geometry = {
}

basis=cc-pVDZ

{rhf;maxit,100
wf,nelec=7,sym=8,spin=3
occ,2,1,1,0,1;closed,2}

{uhf;maxit,1
wf,nelec=7,sym=8,spin=3
occ,2,1,1,0,1;closed,2}

!NOTE: MRCC works only with UHF reference. So, here we will trick MRCC by
doing only one UHF iteration right after ROHF.

{mrcc,method=ccsdt(q)
orbital,ignore_error=1}

Thanks,
Shiblee

*Dr. Shiblee Ratan Barua*
*Postdoctoral Research Fellow*Rm S162, Bld 34
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
8800 Greenbelt Rd, Greenbelt, MD USA 20771
*Email*: shibleeratan at gmail.com, shiblee.barua at nasa.gov