[molpro-user] Mixed derivatives in Numerical Hessian

Werner Győrffy gyorffy at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Feb 8 00:24:09 CET 2017

Dear Aleksandr,

I agree that the thresholds must be made tighter: especially for
Hartree-Fock, and also for CP-HF in the case of using analytical
gradients. One should be careful not to set the thresholds too tight.
For example, the suggested "gthresh,orbital=1.0d-10" is equivalent to
"{hf;accu,20;}" which seems to be unnecessary low and might cause
convergence problems.

Yes, MP2 and DF-MP2 Hessians are computed by using analytical first
derivatives.

CCSD(T) analytical gradients have been already implemented in the
development version of Molpro. It will be hopefully available soon in
the next release.

Regards,

Werner.