[molpro-user] Mixed derivatives in Numerical Hessian

sjk sjk at anl.gov
Mon Feb 6 19:14:57 CET 2017

I find that tightening the convergence criterion on various evaluations generally solves the low frequency hessian convergence problems (my experience is that anything below about 200 cm-1 should not be considered reliable with the standard parameters).
Thus, I generally insert the following line at the top of my input file
gthresh,energy=1.0d-10, orbital=1.0d-10, oneint=1.0d-16, twoint=1.0d-16, optgrad=1.0d-6, compress=1.0d-13
Best Regards,
	Stephen