Itanium2/ DSYMV and DGEMV problem

Jacek Klos jakl at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
Thu Aug 7 13:18:56 BST 2003

Dear Molpro users,

I compiled and linked molpro 2002.6 on Itanium 2 @ Red Hat
platform using efc and ecc (Intel compilers).
During compilation I hit the problem of old version of gnu linked 'ld'
which was 2.11. I compiled new 2.14 version of binutils and used them
in linking of molpro. Instead of linking with -lblas and -llapack I linked
optimized libscs library optimized for this platform. When I used -lblas
or -llapack molpro didn't link complaining about missing symbols.
With -lscs molpro compiled and linked but all testjobs failed with one of
these two messages:

hso2_mccore.errout: ** On entry to DGEMV  parameter number  6 had an
illegal value
incl_pl.errout: ** On entry to DSYMV  parameter number  5 had an illegal
value
incl_sf.errout: ** On entry to DSYMV  parameter number  5 had an illegal
value
lattice.errout: ** On entry to DSYMV  parameter number  5 had an illegal
value
lif_nacme.errout: ** On entry to DSYMV  parameter number  5 had an illegal
value
loc_eom.errout: ** On entry to DSYMV  parameter number  5 had an illegal
value
n2f2_c2h.errout: ** On entry to DGEMV  parameter number  6 had an illegal
value
n2_restrict.errout: ** On entry to DSYMV  parameter number  5 had an
illegal value
n2_rs2c_2.errout: ** On entry to DSYMV  parameter number  5 had an illegal
value
n2_rs2c.errout: ** On entry to DSYMV  parameter number  5 had an illegal
value

Any hint would be appreciated about how to solve this problem.

Regards
--
Jacek A. Klos