TRYING TO READ BEYOND RECORD BOUNDARY

Matt Hodges matt at stchem.bham.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 12:55:30 BST 2003

 > Does anybody got such an error message:

 >  READM: TRYING TO READ BEYOND RECORD BOUNDARY:
 >  RECORD   1290.1  EXTENSION= 1  OFFSET=     983040.  ADDRESS=  1336004.
 > LEN=   32768  LENREST=   32764

 > Should not be a machine dependent error because I can reproduce it
 > on all compaq/alpha/OSF1 machines I can run on and on a
 > i386/Linux/RH9.0.

This was fixed by patch compress for 2002.3:
       http://www.molpro.net/patch/2002.3/2002.3.compress.html

You can update your distribution by running ./patcher and recompiling;
you might also consider upgrading to version 2002.6. If neither of
these options is convenient, you can avoid compressing the integrals
at this stage of the calculation by modifying your input like this:

    basis=cc-pVQZ;

    aoint,c_seward=0
    hf;
    ccsd(t);