[molpro-user] MULTI RESTART

David Ambrosek ambrosek at chemie.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 25 13:59:43 BST 2005

Hello again,

You are right, it would be easier to just set START as follows:

start,2140.2

for example. This was also tried but doesnt work if you send in your
second job. You see I have no problem using start if it is within the same
job. But the moment my job ends and I need/want to start from specific
orbitals then it just doesnt seem to work. So I want to verify that you
use START even for resent jobs?

I am just wanting to get my gs wavefunction for my system. If the orbitals
are good, then I want to increase to more states. After I have these
states then I would like to run caspt2 on them etc. So it is always
building on the step before, but if I can not save these orbitals properly
and then
recall them properly, then it is just a lot of wasted time!

Can you expand on this topic,
thanks again,