[molpro-user] MCSCF Convergence and orbital saving.

Alexander Mitrushchenkov sasha at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jun 20 14:33:54 BST 2007

Luke,

The answer to your first question could be the change in the closed shell
occupation, which you can check in the output. In principle, it should be
restarted correctly, and I will verify and make a bug report if this is not
the case. In the meantime, to avoid problems, you could specify explicitly
the number of closed-shell orbitals.

For the second question, I guess most of the input for MULTI is ignored when
doing a geometry optimization. Specifying the global thresholds should work
though, like

gthresh,energy=0.2e-6

somewhere before and outside of the MULTI input. This is described in section
10.11 of the manual. Please note that you may need to change the threshold
for STEP too.

Please let us know if this helps.

Cheers,

Sasha