[molpro-user] explicit fitting basis problem with -f12 methods

Kirk Peterson kipeters at wsu.edu
Sat Dec 5 17:45:14 GMT 2009

Jason,

when you specify a default fitting basis set as you've done below on the ccsd(t)-f12 or mp2-f12 command line (or in the explicit directive), there are default contexts used, e.g., for df_basis the program looks for a vtz/mp2fit set below and the ri_basis would default to perhaps vtz/optri.  Neither of these are currently defined for the Be atom (or any of the alkali or alkaline earth metals I believe, this is a work in progress).  If you want to define your own, do it in the basis set block:

basis={

default,vtz     ! specify orbital basis

set,df
default,vtz/orbital

set,ri
default,vtz/orbital

set,hfdf
default,vtz/orbital

}

then:

ccsd(t)-f12,df_basis=df,ri_basis=ri,df_basis_exch=hfdf

These choices of fitting sets (i.e., just the orbital basis sets) will definitely give lousy results though. The 2009.2 version of Molpro has the def2-vnzpp Turbomole basis sets (these are not the correlation consistent vnz-pp basis sets) defined for all elements, both jkfit and mp2fit. If you don't have them, you can fetch them in Molpro format from the Turbomole basis set site:
http://bases.turbo-forum.com/TURBOMOLE_BASISSET_LIBRARY/tbl.html
and insert them in your df, ri, etc. blocks like I did above (note that what Molpro refers to as mp2fit and jkfit are called cbasis and jkbasis in Turbomole).

regards,

Kirk