[molpro-user] infiniband latency

Manhui Wang wangm9 at cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 18:16:20 GMT 2011

Dear Benjamin,

I think it is related to the way by which latency/bandwidth is
determined. Latency number in Molpro is determined as the time spent on
broadcasting 1024 double precision numbers (ie, 1024*8 bytes), while
reported latency number in HPC Performance Test might be determined by
MPI ping-pong test(send/receive a small number of data, eg, 1,4,or 8
bytes etc). As for bandwidth, Molpro reports the broadcast speed, while
HPC Performance Test might use MPI standard send and receive routines to
 get the bandwidth number.

Best wishes,
Manhui