[molpro-user] flash solid state drives

Pedro Jorge Caridade pedro.caridade at ci.uc.pt
Thu Aug 2 11:10:02 BST 2012

Sorry to enter in the nice ideas exchange. I would like to have also
some expert opinion regarding SSD. I always avoided using SSD for
scratch due to the "number of times" of I/O limit. Is this a real
problem in the SSD enterprise versions?

Since we are in the process of buying additional machines, the vendor
proposed SAS disks (6Gbps). Does any body have any comment when
comparing SAS with SSD?

Best regards
Pedro