[molpro-user] Insufficient Memory

Peter Knowles KnowlesPJ at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 14:41:03 GMT 2014

Dear Samir,

Without seeing your input, I can't say for sure, but it looks to me as if you are trying to do a very large calculation that even if you could find the memory, would take a very long time to complete. Unfortunately the error trap that you are hitting works at the level of individual memory requests, and therefore even if you provided what is indicated, there may very well be a subsequent request that wants even more. It might be sensible to make a controlled approach by first of all using a smaller active space.

As to the question of not being able to specify the memory, you could consider using the 'M' specifier - see http://www.molpro.net/info/2012.1/doc/manual/node56.html

Peter